How do I make a dresser safe for my baby?
Here’s how to childproof a dresser and keep other furniture from tipping over:
- Secure one anchor or bracket to the wall.
- Attach a second anchor or bracket to your piece of furniture.
- Link the two anchors with a tether (either a strap or cable provided in the kit) and adjust as needed to make sure it’s firmly attached.
What do you do if a dresser falls on a child?
Place a cold compress or ice pack on any bumps or bruises. Give acetaminophen or ibuprofen for pain if your child is alert. Let your child rest, as needed, for the next few hours. Watch your child closely for the next 24 hours for any unusual symptoms or behavior.
How do I stop my baby from opening the door?
Adhesive Cabinet Locks
- Adhesive cabinet locks have two adhesive pads that attach to each side of the cabinet, connected by a flexible band.
- These adhesive locks come in a pack of 8 or 12 and are easy to install and easy for an adult to open, but difficult for little fingers.
How many kids have died from falling furniture?
Between 2000 and 2019, 451 children under 17 were killed by furniture and TVs tipping over and crushing them, according to a recently released report by U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
When should I take my baby to the hospital after a fall?
It is important to call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if the baby shows any of these signs after falling off a bed:
- loss of consciousness.
- abnormal or slow breathing.
- bleeding or leakage of clear fluid from the nose or ears.
- pupils of different sizes.
- bulging of the soft spot on the head.
- a serious wound.
What age do babies open cupboards?
13 months: feed others, open and close
They try to open and close tongs and clothes pins. Toddlers can open and close cupboards and oven doors. As they become more mobile, nothing is out of reach.
Can you hang a dresser on the wall?
Wall studs are typically 16 inches on center, so for a wide dresser you will be able to find two studs to use. … When securing the dresser to the wall through the back wall, insert the toggle into the wall and add the screw to it through the back wall of the dresser.
Do you need to attach Ikea dresser to wall?
Prevent furniture tip-over accidents
Secure it! Furniture must be securely attached to the wall. Use the tip-over restraint provided with the product and the right hardware for your wall type.