What finger foods can I give my 6 month old?
Fruits & Vegetables
- Raw sticks of cucumber.
- Small, soft pieces of fruit, e.g. pear, apple, banana, peach, nectarine, mango, melon.
- Soft cooked sticks of vegetables, e.g. carrot, parsnip, green beans, turnip.
- Soft cooked baby sweet-corn, mange-tout or sugar-snap peas.
- Soft cooked florets of caulifl ower and broccoli.
What foods can I not give my 6 month old?
Foods to avoid giving babies and young children
- Salt. Babies should not eat much salt, as it’s not good for their kidneys. …
- Sugar. Your baby does not need sugar. …
- Saturated fat. …
- Honey. …
- Whole nuts and peanuts. …
- Some cheeses. …
- Raw and lightly cooked eggs. …
- Rice drinks.
Can my 6 month old have scrambled eggs?
Around 6 months, puree or mash one hard-boiled or scrambled egg and serve it to your baby. For a more liquid consistency, add breast milk or water. Around 8 months, scrambled egg pieces are a fantastic finger food.
What snacks can a 6 month old have?
Age: 6 to 8 months
- Breast milk or formula, PLUS.
- Pureed or strained fruits (banana, pears, applesauce, peaches, avocado)
- Pureed or strained vegetables (well-cooked carrots, squash, sweet potato)
- Pureed or mashed meat (chicken, pork, beef)
- Pureed or mashed tofu.
What can I give my 6 month old for breakfast?
- Option 1: Whole Ancient Grain Baby Cereal.
- Option 2: Mashed avocado.
- Option 3: Avocado and Pea Puree.
- Option 4: Apple and acorn squash mash (pureed apples and squash mixed)
- Option 5: Pureed peaches or soft cooked pears.
What drinks can a 6 month old have?
6. Good drinks for babies and kids
- Breastmilk is best for baby and is the only food or drink that baby needs until around 6 months.
- If baby is formula fed, baby can be offered cooled, boiled water as well as formula.
- From around 6 months all babies can have cooled, boiled waterin a bottle or cup.
What fruit should baby eat first?
“Bananas are mild, mashable and easy to chew. They’re loaded with vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium, making them a perfect first fruit for baby,” says Jill Castle, M.S., R.D., childhood nutrition expert and co-author of Fearless Feeding: How to Raise Healthy Eaters From High Chair to High School.
Is watermelon good for 6 month baby?
Luckily, you don’t have to wait that long to introduce your baby to watermelon. In fact, watermelon is one of the first foods you can give your little one. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends introducing your child to solid foods, including pureed fruits and vegetables, at about six months.
What solids should I start my baby on?
Your child can begin eating solid foods at about 6 months old. By the time he or she is 7 or 8 months old, your child can eat a variety of foods from different food groups. These foods include infant cereals, meat or other proteins, fruits, vegetables, grains, yogurts and cheeses, and more.