What can I give my 7-month-old for lunch?
Lunch ideas for babies and young children
- lamb curry with rice.
- cauliflower cheese with cooked pasta pieces.
- baked beans (reduced salt and sugar) with toast.
- scrambled egg with toast, chapatti or pitta bread served with vegetable finger foods.
- cottage cheese (full-fat) dip with pitta bread, cucumber and carrot sticks.
What are finger foods for a 7-month-old?
Some good finger food ideas:
- O-shaped cereal.
- Rice cakes.
- Very ripe, peeled pear or banana pieces.
- Tofu chunks.
- Scrambled eggs.
- Well-cooked/canned green beans.
- Pasta tubes or shells.
- Finely shredded chicken.
What can I not feed my 7-month-old baby?
8 Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Baby
- Cow’s milk.
- Fruit juice.
- Sugary treats.
- Unpasteurized foods.
- Smoked and cured meats.
- High-mercury fish.
- Refined grains.
What should I feed my 7 month old for dinner?
- Option 1: Soft cooked slivers of chicken, with steamed carrots.
- Option 2: Ginger Carrot & Sweet Potato Mash + Lean Beef.
- Option 3: Small chunks of low mercury fish, like cod.
- Option 4: Soft steamed chunks of broccoli or green beans.
- Option 5: Lumpy, mashed kidney or black beans.
How much water should a 7 month old drink?
A 6-12 month old baby needs two to eight ounces of water per day on top of the water they get from breast milk/formula. Taking sips from their cups throughout the day will usually get them the water they need.
Can I give my 7 month old scrambled eggs?
You can give your baby the entire egg (yolk and white), if your pediatrician recommends it. Around 6 months, puree or mash one hard-boiled or scrambled egg and serve it to your baby. For a more liquid consistency, add breast milk or water. Around 8 months, scrambled egg pieces are a fantastic finger food.
What can you give 7 month old for breakfast?
breakfast ideas for babies 7 months
Spinach and cheese omelette & half an English muffin. Oat pancakes with chopped strawberries on the side. Crumpet with almond butter and banana slices. Whole Greek yoghurt topped with Rice Krispies & sliced peaches.
Can 7 month old eat spaghetti?
When can babies eat pasta? Pasta may be introduced as soon as a baby is ready to start solids, which is generally around 6 months of age. Take care when introducing pasta if you haven’t already introduced egg or wheat into baby’s diet yet, as pasta often contains both egg and wheat, which are common food allergens.
What fruits can a 7 month old eat?
Bananas, peaches, mangoes, Sapodilla or Chikoo, kiwis, and papayas are some of the best fruits to start with.