Which throat lozenges are safe during pregnancy?
Throat lozenges containing local anaesthetic and antibacterial agents may be used in pregnancy. Avoid excessive use as it may cause unwanted side effects such as diarrhoea. Gargling salt water or drinking lemon and honey products may also help to ease a sore throat.
Can you use Strepsils when pregnant?
Conclusions: The use of Kalgaron® or Strepsils® during pregnancy was not associated with an increased risk of malformations, spontaneous abortions or decreased birthweight. However, larger studies are needed to confirm the safety of these medications during pregnancy.
What can I have for a sore throat when pregnant?
You can try the following:
- Gargle with warm salt water to help your sore throat feel better.
- Avoid cold liquids, which can aggravate a sore throat. Instead, try caffeine-free herbal teas, such as chamomile or lemon tea with cinnamon. Be sure to stay hydrated.
- Get plenty of rest to allow your body to heal.
Are halls OK during pregnancy?
Cough drops (throat lozenges), such as Halls, Ricola, Cepacol or Chloraseptic. Avoid products that contain alcohol. You may take: Cough drops (throat lozenges), such as Halls, Ricola or Cepacol.
Can you take sore throat sweets when pregnant?
But even without tons of research, the Cleveland Clinic says menthol throat lozenges are fine to take, as directed, during pregnancy. Dr Mary Jane Minkin, an obstetric-gynaecologist and clinical professor at Yale School of Medicine also says that she has never told women they cannot take lozenges during pregnancy.
How can I satisfy my sweet tooth while pregnant?
Healthy Snacks to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth During Pregnancy
- Snack Bars : Perfect Bar Peanut Butter Protein Bars.
- Dried Fruit : Rind Skin-On Superfruit Snacks.
- Nut Butters : Sun Butter On the Go Sunflower Butter Cups.
- Apple Chips : Bare Natural Apple Chips.
- Protein Bars : Olly Protein Bar.
How many sweets can I eat while pregnant?
Pregnant women should have no more than 30g of free sugars a day, which is roughly equivalent to seven sugar cubes5. For instance, one can of cola can have up to nine sugar cubes which is more than the daily allowance5. Free sugars are found in sweets, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, and some fizzy drinks and juice drinks.
Can I take 2 paracetamol when pregnant?
The usual dose of paracetamol is one or two 500mg tablets at a time. Do not take paracetamol with other medicines containing paracetamol. Paracetamol is safe to take in pregnancy and while breastfeeding, at recommended doses.
What medications are unsafe during pregnancy?
What medicines should you avoid during pregnancy?
- Bismuth subsalicylate (such as Pepto-Bismol).
- Phenylephrine or pseudoephedrine, which are decongestants. …
- Cough and cold medicines that contain guaifenesin. …
- Pain medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen (such as Advil and Motrin) and naproxen (such as Aleve).
Can I use Vicks while pregnant?
Expectorants like Mucinex, cough suppressants like Robitussin, vapor rubs like Vicks VapoRub, and cough drops are all considered safe during pregnancy.